Monday, June 04, 2007

For that bored reader....

From Facebook, May 31st:

Before I get into any stories, I just have to take a moment to announce that I am listening to a new Spoon track from the forthcoming and oh-so-aptly named record "Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga".

I'm in so much love right now. If these fellows know what's good for them, they'll come here in their travels to support this record. Lord. I NEED to see them.

Okay. I think I'm done gushing. For now.

So. Two jobs. Yeah. I got a call this afternoon from the staffing agency who's been dicking me around. Apparently, the insurance agency that previously hired me and then unceremoniously absconded with the job they offered, had someone quit on them and were looking to use me to fill that void seeing as they had interviewed and adored me already. Being as my husband is desperate to quit his second job, I accepted the position even though I was still kinda pissed about what happened. I was told the job wasn't going to start til June 11th, so I figured if I didn't get the job that I wanted at Raymond James, I would still have something to go to.

Then, a few hours later, I got a call from the HR Department at Raymond James. They had heard back from the hiring manager and wanted to offer me the job I interviewed for last Thursday. I was so excited! She asked me if I wanted time to think about it or if I wanted to accept the job. I told her that I accepted right then and there!

So, tomorrow I have to go pick up my new hire package and do my drug test. I start with orientation on Monday!

I'm psyched and a little nervous because it's been almost a year since I left ADT, but I know I'll do just fine. Now I just have to call the staffing agency and tell them I can't take the insurance job. I don't feel the slightest amount of guilt after the way they've jerked me around.

This is awesome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home