Saturday, May 05, 2007

What You Waiting For?



Things are in such a transitional state. This will be my last week looking after Goodwin. It's a little bittersweet. When I left yesterday, he was reaching for me from his mom's arms. As excited as I am to get to be around adults and maybe make some new friends, I'll miss the little guy. He's been a tough customer the last few months because he's been teething - he has six teeth now! - so it's been a battle, but now he's on the verge of walking and I'll be sad to miss that milestone.

But, like I said, I'm looking forward to getting on with it and going back to work. I've been really nervous about this. I mean, I know it'll be fine. Working down here ain't gonna be all that different than working up there, but I'm still feeling a bit anxious about it. I wouldn't be me if I wasn't. I just keep telling myself I was good at my job at ADT without even really having to try that hard, so if I find something that makes me happy, the extra effort will be easy to apply.

I got a call from a place that I *really* want to work at, and I'm the process of trying to nail down an interview. I should know more on Monday, so wish me luck.

Also, in major excitement for me news, I am going to see Gwen Stefani on Tuesday night! My husband tells me he thinks the seats are in a box, so this should be an incredible show. I'm a little bummed because I didn't like her new album as much as the last one, but you know I'm jonesing to check out the tour merch! My husband and I had to have a little chat about what my budget will be for that because you know when it comes to Harajuku and Gwen, I tend to get carried away. I hope they use the same people who made the Harajuku line for her our merch so the sizing is consistant. We'll see what happens, but something tells me it's gonna be a case of major indecision when I get to the merch booth.

I'm so freakin' excited I can hardly believe that I'm finally going to see Gwen perform. It hasn't really sunk in yet. And I reallllllly can't wait 'til she and the boys do the next No Doubt record because I still haven't seen them perform together either and THAT will be even better than Tuesday night for sure.

Anyways, I should get back to what I was doing before. I'm major multi-tasking right now - blogging, watching a movie [The Men!] and doing a little cleaning as well. Please, cross your fingers for me about that job! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger BikingBettie said...

LuckLUCKLUCKLUCKLUCK!

Let us know how it goes tomorrow! That's an awesome, scary, nervous feeling. But I'm sure you'll do FINE!
When you get the job...I'm taking you out for a congratualatory dinner (or I'm cooking one for you depending on finances)
Love yoU!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Freckles Q. McMurty said...

I'll definitely keep everyone posted! I'm really excited and hope I hear something soon!

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home