Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Cojones and Funk.


Yesterday was kind of a suck of a day. It had its ups and it had its downs. I swear there was something in the air that was affecting a few of us out there.

I was in a horrible funk. The balls some people have just freaking astound me. The casualness that unwanted parties use to try to infuse themselves back into one's life is disgusting. Insulting. It's like someone contracted asshole amnesia or something.

And that's all I'm going to say on that matter.

I was also on babysitting duty from 8:45am til about 11pm. The baby went down peacefully for his morning nap, but refused to take his afternoon nap until 4pm and was cranky both before and after. I wanted to cry and whine too.

When I moved on to the next household, I was faced with a picky little boy who refused to eat dinner, hurled green beans at me, purposely knocked down the Jenga tower after we each pulled two blocks, and would rather run around in his underpants than put on his pajamas. Surprisingly, he became much sweeter the closer we got to bedtime.

Then, after I got home, I was exhausted and cranky and had words with someone who was trying to do right, just at the wrong time. I both felt mean and justified - not the prettiest combination - but all turned out well in the end.

I tell you. We all had a bowl of Grumpy Flakes for breakfast yesterday and those puppied did not sit well. Hopefully we've eaten Let's Just Get Along Krispies for breakfast today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home