Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Whose house? GRINDHOUUUUSE!


Grindhouse last night was awwwwwesome.


Yes, that was five w's. and well deserved. I'm not gonna tell you what I can without giving too much away.


First off, I had no idea that Robert Rodriguez's "Planet Terror" was a zombie movie, so that right there was big bonus points. "Terror" was fucking great. It literally had me cheering for the characters. Everyone's a character with something going on underneath the surface and madness descends quickly. Normally, I hate gore and this one is oozing, popping, bloodily graphic, but something about it is actually easy to stomach. It was crazy, shocking, and also a whole lot funnier than I expected. Tarantino's cameo as "Rapist #1" [check imdb.com if you don't believe me] is fantastic and provides one of the biggest gross-outs in this feature and that's all I'm gonna say about that. And that infamous gun for a leg? Sweet.


"Death Proof" at first, however, left me a little confused and worried. After the pace of "Planet Terror", and the rest of the fake trailers [in all there were 4], you're really geared up for the big guns. And those big guns are not to be seen. This feature comes down to a little gun towards the end, but that little gun is really besides the point. Basically, you're sitting there waiting through something that has that classic Tarantino feel [and a killer soundtrack as always] - wondering how this fits into the whole Grindhouse theme and quite frankly feeling slightly bored. Someone dies and the story shifts. You're still waiting wondering what the heck is going on and how this story fits together when you're slammed in the face with a thrilling, fast paced, tooth and nail situation where the tables quickly turn - gunning you towards an ending that you don't see coming and that I guarantee will make you laugh and cheer.


I fucking loved this movie. If you are a Tarantino/Rodriguez fan - Go. See. This. Movie. NOW!


Well, tomorrow. I promise you it will not disappoint.

p.s. - I got a copy of the above poster at the showing!

1 Comments:

Blogger lifeindeadtime said...

I just wanted to say that your title for this post is awesome. As was this movie.

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home