Wednesday, March 07, 2007

oh, the resonance.

When I met you I was just a kid
hadn’t built up my defenses
so I gave my heart completely
vaseline over the lenses

memories don’t go away
I remember every day
I never ever stop wondering
Wondering if you still think of us

I don’t need a photograph
cause you’ve never left my mind
No you’ve never left my mind

I remember feeling like a ship
whose captain was too drunk to steer
and you watched as I was sinking
waving sadly from the pier

It’s such a burden to carry ’round
the vestiges of dead dreams
and I don’t want to make a wake out of my life
I just had to let you go

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great poem KStar. You should try and get published in a lit. review or journal or sumthin like that...

1:03 AM  
Blogger Freckles Q. McMurty said...

Oh, I only wish I wrote that.

It's a song by Of Montreal. You should check them out.

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home