Saturday, February 17, 2007

so beings our alabee...

well, as some of you may or may not know, there is a strong possibility that joel and i may be moving to austin, texas. joel has applied for a job at an alternative station there and last he spoke with the program director, he was telling joel to think about a salary and look into the cost of living there.

he was supposed to hear back from this dude on friday, but didn't. we're not super worried as when he was supposed to call joel at the end of the week the first time they spoke, he didn't call him til monday.

however, joel is kind of feeling like a teenage girl who was promised a call by the captain of the football team and the jock didn't call. so please, focus your warm fuzzy thoughts on this job for him. it's like his dream come true and i absolutely want him to get it.

that being said, while i'm totally excited for him, it's gonna be interesting moving for the second time in less than a year. it's going to be like pioneering. i'm not jumping with a safety net of new best friends like last time, so it's a little scary. plus, you know i'm gonna miss my little brood of surrogate children that i've been babysitting. they've brought a lot of comic relief into my life and made me consider buying stock in advil. it's been a lot of good times.

it's funny. i've escaped winter this year and will likely escape that dreaded first florida summer [not that i expect it to be cold in texas.]

it'll be okay. it's an exciting new adventure that i look forward to conquering. it's a college town, so maybe i can finally get my ass back in class and start putting my now-deteriorating brain back into the gauntlet of education.

we'll see. i'm mostly looking forward to the live music paradise that is austin. i hear there's even a place that serves margaritas 24/7! who could want more?

goodbye donald duck and disney world, hello austin city limits and sxsw!

think good thoughts.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am OUT OF MY MIND STOKED for him. I was worried lastnight when I didn't see a blog or a mass text from him. I was gonna call, but figured I'd see him Sunday. I've got my fingers crossed!!!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Freckles Q. McMurty said...

We should know more by Monday or Tuesday. We're on pins and needles by now!

And we really do need to secure some dinner plans soon - especially if we're going to be moving!!! Any days free this week? Wednesday is the only day that's out for me.

10:40 PM  
Blogger BikingBettie said...

I'm being selfish and not wanting you guys to go.
But at the same time, I'm being super supportive and want you to go.
It's totally awesome, but I hate to see you leave.
I'll probably just come and visit every 3 months or something so I can get my Joel and Kristy fix.
HEART YOU! THINKING HAPPY THOUGHTS!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Freckles Q. McMurty said...

I completely understand, Rita. I don't want to move away from you guys - I just freaking got here!!! But, this is such an incredible opportunity for Joel that I can't help but want it for him so badly.

Well, I guess, we'll just have to nickname our guest room "Rita's room"! *LOL*

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home