Saturday, February 10, 2007

for fans of HBO's Rome...


I've become a big fan of the show recently and my favorite character is Lucius Vorenus, the former soldier and political pawn turned sinister captain of the Aventine. In my boredom while Joel was working an overnight shift this week, I did a bit of poking around on the internet to learn more about the actor who plays Vorenus - Kevin McKidd.


Imagine my surprise when I found out he was in one of my favorite movies and I didn't recognize him in the slightest. You might recognize him now...

He was part of the cast of Trainspotting as Tommy, the most ill-fated of the bunch who tried herion out of curiousity after his girlfriend left him, only to die an AIDS-ridden junkie.
And it wasn't even the AIDS that killed him. Poor sod.
Anyways, point is, I have a major crush on his Rome character [though it's become sort of conflicted since he's become all dark and tormented...] and when I found out he played Tommy in Trainspotting, it really made me want to see the flick again as I haven't seen it in years. I see no shred of Tommy in Vorenus, perhaps there's some Vorenus in Tommy? He's certainly come a long way since '96. I wonder if now that he's on Rome, he might get some more film offers. Offers that involve him using his own Scottish accent? Hmmm....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home