Sunday, October 15, 2006

going back in time musically...


what have i been listening to today?

LOTS of older stuff.

- Short Music for Short People: A compilation put together by my beloved Fat Mike. This is a great concept, have about 100 fucking awesome bands write songs that can last not much longer than 30 seconds long. It never ceases to amaze me how satisfying a song that short can actually be. It's a great release in a bunch of little packages. Bands on it include Bad Religion, Guttermoth, No Use For A Name, Black Flag, Green Day, D.O.A, Screeching Weasel, The Descendents, The Misfits, Jughead's Revenge, 88 Fingers Louie, NOFX, Rancid, The Vandals - okay, you get it, the whole fucking gang's here kids. And it's great.

- L7 - When you're a girl and you're angry, there is nothing better.

- Nirvana - I sometimes forget how much I loved this band when I was a teenager. I remember once being grounded from the television and my stereo and digging out the walkman I had when I was eight and keeping it stashed in my room so I could listen to the tapes of their albums late into the night. That walkman was sweet, it had a graphic equalizer and everything. It was a tough old bastard lasted until after I graduated from highschool. Downloaded a bunch of rarer stuff today. The song "Even In His Youth" still gets me to this day.

- Nine Inch Nails - 'Nuff said. Really. It just fit for what I was feeling today.

- Emily Haines & The Soft Skeleton - Okay, it's not old and it's really mellow and beautiful. I just want to talk about it because it's really really fucking good. However, if you're one of my male friends, I don't know how likely you are to like this. Give it a try if you like Metric, Stars, or Broken Social Scene.

yup. that's it. just felt like sayin'.

"if you find me, hide me. i don't know where i've been."

3 Comments:

Blogger Freckles Q. McMurty said...

haahahahhaha actually, i was going to mention specifically that you would probably like it, but i didn't want you to think i was hinting you were on the estrogen train.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Freckles Q. McMurty said...

no i haven't. most of the people i know think i'm insane as i don't much care for radiohead past a few songs on OK Computer. i swear they stay up nights plotting ways to make me love thom yorke, but honey, it ain't happening.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Freckles Q. McMurty said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! shit.

btw, update your blog more. i needs shit to read.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home