Sunday, February 12, 2006

this is my execedrin headache


so. took the flight to vancouver. sat next to two giggling lesbians. they were pretty but in a very granola kind of way and one of them had a rather large hickey on the side of her neck. there it was, staring back at me - a giggling granola hickey.

i focussed my attention on the sattelite television. they were playing wayne's world. i was surprised, they didn't cut out cassandra calling wayne an asshole as he strode around her warehouse of an apartment wearing her bra and humping the life-size mummy statue she had in there. i was so distracted trying to figure out who the hell has a life-size mummy statue in their apartment that i hardly noticed mr. myers's giant ass-cheek bearing wedgie.

when that movie came out, i had a huge crush on garth. i think it was his quietness, his shy nebbishness and that dance to jimi hendrix's foxy lady that incorporated oh-so-many pelvic thrusts. yeah, i wanted to be the donut lady.

so sue me.

anyways, i get to the hotel - oh the accursed holiday inn on west broadway - and yet again, i am met with an agent at the front desk who demands a credit card imprint. i want to tear my hair out. the exact same thing happened to me back in august and they turned me away and i ended up sleeping on my friend katie's couch. it was alright, but the night before one of my appointments i had to skip out on going out with the ladies so i could sleep and they - though they tried very hard to be quiet, bless their hearts - woke me up when they returned.

it's hard enough sleeping in a strange bed, but to sleep on a strange couch with people traipsing around, it's too much.

this trip is already difficult.


i'm tired and restless enough. i want to see people, but i also want to be alone. i don't want anyone to ask questions or give me either that anxious, sympathetic look or the "don't worry! it's going to be okay! there's nothing you can do - at least you know when it will end after monday!" but at the same time, having all this space in my head to myself is a little frightening.

i'm trying to download episodes of trailer park boys. hooray! escapism!

wish my work friends were here - we could hit the town and paint it red and no one wouldask me a goddamn thing.

just the way i like it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Declan McManus said...

i wish i was there too, sweetness.

i miss you buckets!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Freckles Q. McMurty said...

me too. sorry about the glasses fiasco. matt told me about it. did you get my message?

10:59 PM  
Blogger Declan McManus said...

yes i did.
don't feel bad, bubbles. i was the cad, not thee.

3:17 AM  
Blogger Freckles Q. McMurty said...

meh, i'm still sort of a cad. i didn't roll you that present.

maybe you will come by monday after work?

3:23 AM  
Blogger Declan McManus said...

indeed.
i shall be there.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home